What We Do > UX Research & Content Strategy
Every website begins and ends with an individual. We help you understand and tailor your digital presence to the people you serve.
After completing a scorecard, we may recommend additional research and strategic guidance in one or more of the following areas:
Most health organization sites are not designed with the different stages of a user’s journey in mind. We believe the backbone of a high-performing health website is a well-researched understanding of its users. Creating this typically involves:
- User research to validate assumptions about your audience and form a clear, data-driven picture of who they are.
- Development of a small set of audience personas that embody key findings and characteristics of the audience segments who visit your site. Typically this splits along the lines of patients, professionals, etc.
- Mapping the user journeys of each of these personas to understand how your digital presence fits into their life and the key touchpoints they experience along the way.
- Updating your information architecture, including navigation and organization of content, to make more sense to visitors in the context of their journey.
- Creating and testing low-fidelity wireframes of recommended design changes.
During the process of mapping the user journey, we sometimes notice specific topics or types of content that are missing or underrepresented on a client’s site. Content strategy work typically unfolds by:
- Performing a content audit to catalogue the full breadth of content on your site.
- Mapping your content to topics and stages of the user journey.
- Identifying content gaps and performing any necessary SEO and keyword research to understand how you might write content to capture more organic visitors at the key stages of their journey.
- Cutting or archiving old content, and putting in places necessary content governance systems to ensure your information is up-to-date.
Up Next: Web Design & Development
Our team of open-source experts will use their design and development skills to build you a new platform—or optimize your existing one. This involves a range of possible services such as third-party integrations, multi-lingual support, accessibility, and mobile optimization.
Interested in working with Brooks Digital?
Fill out the form below to get in touch with us. We look forward to hearing from you!